Saturday, June 10, 2006

Off-season eating

No, this isn't about the dietary needs of NFL players. I've noticed that, like most people, I tend to eat certain foods at certain times of year. Right now, I'm getting lots of pineapple. Pineapple slices with cottage cheese, pineapple chunks on shish kabobs, etc. The weird thing is, I could do this year round. I mostly use canned pineapple anyway, and it's not exactly seasonal in cans.

I have decided to rebel. Join me in breaking the seasonal-eating habit!

Libby's Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Post your suggestions for delicious foods that we don't usually eat in June in the comments section!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many foods that we don't eat in the summer, we don't eat because they create a lot of heat to cook them. Many of these can be cooked on the grill though. You could do a Thanksgiving style turkey for example or even boil corned beef.

Dan the Brother

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Chilli but can't imagine cooking all day in this heat. BUT, how about using canned beans to make a quick chilli for taco salad.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Brackmann said...

val--
I always use canned beans in my chili, so it never takes more than an hour anyway! I've never thought of putting it over chips--I have lots of tomato sauce in mine, though, so it might get soggy (yeah, I know. dumb german-anglo chick doesn't know from chili. I really love tomato sauce, though!).

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home